Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Not the Same Thing

He kept bringing up the money
All he deserved that they kept taking
He thought it kinda funny
I still believed in a world worth making
And any law that kept him
Safe from the needs of many
Till a colder wind had swept in
Reassuring me he earned his plenty
And he’s not racist
He just needs to draw the line somewhere
And he’s not selfish
He just cares so much that nobody cares


And it's not the same thing
And it's not okay to say
And we've heard everything
And we're not repeating your mistakes

Another hour and a half in
He starts complaining about immigrants
Tries to explain the situation
Automatically assumes I'll agree with him
But I can't take it
Another second of this xenophobic hate
And if I don't say shit
Does it mean that he just gets away

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic