Friday, January 17, 2014

9 and 9

I'd like some closure if such a thing exists
I won't pull you any closer if you only resist
I will not force you to speak a word to me
Only reinforcing irresponsibility

If I hurt you I apologize
But why should I say "if"
We hurt each other, this I realize
Ain't it about time that we quit

I would only like to tell you that you mean the world to me
But the world just keeps on spinning and I've spun right underneath

And all your promises
Line my mind like newspaper round a glass cup
Chipped in places
Far too many to be saved yet for
Sentimentality

I am the foam of the ocean
You're the salt in the breeze
I can't stay outside the water
You're always outside of me

I'm the palm branch on an island
You're the signal fire home
I will give myself to light you
I will burn out all alone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic