Monday, June 24, 2013

Sold Out

They told me lonely was a hole
To be filled by hello
But when I said no they sold me out
Told me the only way through
Was to look like you
But no matter what I do they've sold me out

And money can buy you a whiter smile
But it's not worth the while to use it
For a job and some food and a roof over your head
All the riches in the world will abuse it
And money can buy you a paradise
Full of sweet-smelling distractions
But all your blood and your bones and your painted toes
Will rot off from blissful inaction

And your friends all whine, "you're takin' too much time"
You tried to find yourself in their apathy
So you can spend the night or find yourself a wife
Only to look at your life like "what's happened to me"
So when you're up all alone and the doors have all closed
And the air itself tries to choke you
Take a good hard look, read a good hard book
Light a match, ask yourself what can hope do

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic