Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Compliment is Not a Contract

I’m thinking about a compliment
About pointing out how great it is
You know
The way you…
Oh you don’t know?
Well, let me tell you!
You’re [lists all the amazing that you are]
Did I go too far?
Do you now expect more from me?
Do you doubt my sincerity?
Do you think I meant B when I really meant A
Don’t you think if I meant B I would say
Or not.
Did you only do that which inspired that fire
that sparked that ignition to warrant admission
that someone like me finds someone like you
to be quite something more and maybe better and new
Did you only act for the reaction
Did I only notice so you would notice me back and
Then did this whole thing happen
‘Cause neither one of us is that great
Just sorta wonderfully, beautifully, awfully
Lonely
Waiting for someone to mention
How they noticed
Us
And how very much
We could be

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic