Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sand in Your Shoes


i can’t look you 
in the eyes 
today
i’m slipping through the space
i can’t hear you 
through the air
don’t say
you recognize my face

‘cause i am fishbowl
and you are hammer
don’t try to hold my hand
i am grain
and you are ocean
don’t try to understand

i can’t taste you
on my tongue
of late
i’m chokin’ on the bright and blue
i can’t reach you
empty hands
still shake
sweaty like i never met you

‘cause i am fine print
and you are hindsight
don’t try to see my side
i am 8 1/2 by 11
you are Mariana Trench 
don’t try to fit inside 

(sometimes i think 
“concur” and “conquer”
sound so similar
‘cause the easiest way
to defeat someone is 
to make them think
you’re on their side)
what occurred when you concurred: 
my world obscured 
the stars insinuated
and i inferred
from dark deliberated
that maybe there is depth to this...somewhere

so i wander blind
uncover my ears
breathing slow
and feel my way 
through the fear

‘cause i am shell
and you are perfect storm
your song I, in silence, find
i am corner
and you are cleaner
taking the time
(and i almost don't mind)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic