Friday, September 7, 2012

Peasantry

I've got a knife and I could bleed this city dry
Skin it slow and steady
Pick apart the stringy tendons

I had a life that I gave up for who knows why
Grinned like I was ready
Sickened as my goodbye set in

But this road is a wristwatch
With a band that's far too tight
Ticking off the constant miles
My numbing hands would try and fight

I've got nowhere to go but back to breathing
Choking down the rhetoric
From suits on the radio

I move so slow with calloused feet
Shuffling and hesitant
With seeds I cannot sow

'Cause this heat is a gateway
With a lock my key won't fit
Stacked all up with iron chains
On cracking earth I sorely sit

Pass the pool where angels stir
And you speak down to me,
"what do you want?"
As if you cannot see...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic