Tuesday, August 7, 2012

More or Less

I'm more than empty, I'm more than lost
I'm utterly vacuous and tempest-tossed
I'm more than vacant, I'm more than scared
I'm entirely unoccupied and unprepared

I'm more than questions, I'm more than doubts
I'm starting to walk like one who went without
I'm more than present, I'm more than past
I'm something unaccomplished that may yet still last

I'm more than rhythm, I'm more than rhyme
I'm the space between your logic that beats out of time
I'm more than drinking, I'm more than food
I'm the bleeding beggar, becoming bitter and rude

I'm more than apathy, I'm more than unfair
I will smile in a tragedy, and cry like I was there
I'm more than a dreamer, I'm more than a fraud
I will storm out of your chapel just to catch a glimpse of God

I'm more than a hypocrite, I'm more than a fool
I will break every commandment, and make up an empty rule
I'm more than a sinner, I'm more than the fall
I'm only a human, and sometimes I'm barely that at all

I'm more than the moment, I'm more than heresy
I'm something like an answer that is not yet clear to me
I'm more than frightened, I'm more than poor
But not enough to matter to the crowds that I adore



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic