Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Solitary


I am a tree in these solemn woods
And I have just now toppled down
Made such a cacophonous, calamitous noise 
Even though no one was around


I am a pebble in the stream bed
And you wouldn’t even know
That it was I causing the waters to rise
With the melting of the mountain snow


I am the last bit of glass in the carpet
That the vacuum couldn’t find
The final stinging piece of an argument you
Hoped you’d finally left behind


I am a shell upon the seashore
Like so many it has known
Indistinct, cracking, and empty
And yet, I too was once a home


Wake me up when you’re finished finding yourself
Because I miss you so much
Wake me up when you’re done reaching for reasons
That you’re still too scared to touch
‘Cause they will never be enough


I am a lock on this door you won’t open
Though you’ve been playing with the key
You’ve tried every which way to get through
But won’t even look at me


I am a sign on the side of this dark road
Headlights illuminate than let go
Try to tell you that it’s a dead end
But you’re just trying to find your way home



Wake me up when you’re finished finding yourself
Because I miss you so much
Wake me up when you’re done reaching for reasons
That you’re still too scared to touch



I’m waiting for the other side 
To come around, to come around again
But the needle’s warn the grooves in
And your voice is wearing thin


But I am 
I am
...still

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic