Thursday, May 24, 2012

None but the Imbalance

I think I like to remember life better than it was
  But that's only because
  I know if I go searching
     Deeper and deeper
There's no reason
             For my kind of crazy
Only me

So I picture the summers soft and warm
 With lessons to teach and a more apt pupil
  Widening gates that flew open in the wild breeze
   Flicking leaves upon cobbled paths
  I knew in my heart you wouldn't last
 dear Mystery
I still reach for you

     And I scribble notes of winter's branches:
    Heavy coats
   The bus comes
Snapping, crunching, sweating cold
   Deliberating over blue eyes
    Waking to a foreboding calm
     Stepping back a ways

Autumn is pretty but it kills that summer vibe
Putting it to bed like some rotten kid

And Springtime is a runny nose set to a pretentious soundtrack
But don't we always put up with promises

Believe in me, please
        like I Believe in you?

So we can go searching
So you can egg me on
Crack me on the edge
And pour me into the pan
Watch me twist and sputter in the heat
"Wants salt."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic