Thursday, December 22, 2011

Suspected Arson

I sat quiet and bit my lip
Leaned in and clenched my fists
Blinked back the tears and gripped
The edge of my seat as you recounted
Every tale of the things he did
Every touch for his every whim
All ashamed but all for him
Just to feel wanted

Careful not to turn your back
You look around for a surprise attack
With every window painted black
In a new town that you almost trusted
Run from sleep for your haunted dreams
Fingerprints on your blood-stained sleeves
Turned your heart into a crime scene
Just to feel wanted

Heroes died for their dark desire
Love is lost in the arson’s fire
Body-bags for the dreams departed
A crime scene for the broken-hearted
Move away, every touch is murder
We would never want to hurt her
What do we see when we’re confronted
With all we do just to feel wanted

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic