Tuesday, December 20, 2011

if i go, let me go

i'm a shame for this dreaming
never sleeping, only drifting
i'm to blame for the keeping
of my macabre memories
i'm in touch with the distance
both the craving and the filling
every empty, yet for hoping
in the vastness of my time
the abyss that calls a name
and calls me great, that lays in wait
to break me at the knees
and cheat my lungs for breathing

as i am an only son
trying to balance my own equations
living inside an awkward obelisk at tilt
like a bed sheet where blood spilt reminisces of a time
when reason had its own and not was built but rhyme couldn't fix

but now i am a cut out
a sticker with no glue
i tried to hold to everything
and held too much
each taking more than it gave
till i gave out

but now i wish for nothing
no dreams, no hopes, no plans
but to disappear into the sound
the simple shapes and colors
that first taught us truth and beauty
before we defined it all

for then will i be free
when i can no longer see behind me
but that which pushes me onward

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic