Monday, November 7, 2011

Low Tide

I'm trying to read the words that hide between each blink
Tryin' real hard to trace the scars that shift out on the brink
And for once I'll sit in silence, wonderin' what you really think of me

It's like you're a better version of the person I once knew
But I have yet to see a better person than any version I've seen of you

I'm trying to catch my breath in a vacuum made with stares
Tryin' real hard to trace the stars in this early morning air
And you say that low tide looks so very lonely way out there to me

It's like you're a better version of the person I once knew
But I have yet to see a better person than any version I've seen of you
It's like every dream I've ever had then woken up to curse
'Cause good dreams only make me miss you so much worse

Oh, calamity
Perspective seems a bit skewed of late
Everything I ever wanted inches away
And all that I can think of is how easily shale stone can break

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic