Saturday, November 12, 2011

Doorstep Artery

It gets so much harder every day
To see a cut of beauty and bleed but pain
From farther than the sunlight on a sky of palest grey
Your eyes the illusion of my drought-laden veins

I'll trip the drying drip of my faucet wrists
Grip the lip of a cliff I once resisted
And kiss the misty-eyed myths of a former insistence
Enlisting bliss that I've missed but can't strip down to what my wish is
'Cause, well...

I'm sick with it
I'm coughing up blood
In stains shaped like memories
In crimson reflections
I see the haunting eyes
I see all my goodbyes

But I did what you said
Tried to make some new and different friends
Despite the feeling in my head
Every good thing in this town always ends


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic