Wednesday, March 30, 2011

sense to me than horses

There's a point somewhere
Where all things come together
Even parallel lines, I suppose, must intersect
The universe gets bored of expanding
Twists full around and gives itself
A pat on the back
Or something like that

And anthills, yknow, have a funny way of appearing
Beneath my feet
Then around me
And never, it seems, ahead of me
They're like little dirt ninjas
I turn around
And they've been chasing me all along

The weird thing, therefore,
About unicorns
Is that they make much more
Sense to me than horses
I mean, cows have horns right
Or at least the bulls
And Bambi's dad had antlers
(even though he was a bum who was never there except to look hott for his baby momma's funeral)
Some parts of the year
Male reindeer have antlers
And some parts
Female reindeer have antlers
Which, if I remember, actually means all Santa's reindeer are girls
Is Santa a deer pimp?

I've discovered recently
Another thing I always knew
About myself
I would, in the end,
Prefer honesty to perfection
Or at least uniqueness to perfection
(on my worse days)
I like the asymmetry of real life
I like justice best
But the unfairness of life is beautiful in its own way
And both can exist
Symbiotically

1 comment:

  1. i think you know which part is my favorite ;)
    you're so talented

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic