Saturday, March 12, 2011

apple pie illusionist

where could i find you
where have you gone
i used to walk beside you
we used to be so strong
and fear was a distraction
but it kept me by your side
this desperate interaction
the place where my hopes would hide

but there's no future in the waiting life
regrets are not a friend as loyal as i'd ask
and dreams have come to questions and the waking "why"
as fragile as the glass face of your compass

where did i lose you
and when did i care
i seem now to fall through
this drowning affair
and love was an ambition
that i sought with half my heart
but for lack of true contrition
i don't know where to start

'cause there's no rhyming with words left unsaid
melodies of innocence lost to the monsters in your mind
my past a skeleton i carry on my back to praise the dead
forsaking all delusions of attempts at a better life

that was then
this is now
it will always be

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic