Monday, May 31, 2010

Out of Here

like a boulder of notions, i can see it rollin’ across your eyes
that we’re emboldening oceans to rise above much safer tides
and i guess i was never told that
a compliment is equal to a contract
but your looks fill up books with their poetry
two eyes, one pen in synchronicity
and your words, they have a way of stoppin’ me
cold dead in my tracks, taken aback to where i’m honestly wondering

are you my way out
‘cause i need a way out of here
my head’s filling with doubts
can’t find a way to make this clearer, now
i can’t be the one to save your heart from breaking
we could’ve live out whole lives of better choices
in the time this is taking to change
are you my way out
‘cause i need a way out
are you a way out here
are you my way out, my dear?

stepping aside, take a look at the life you’ve made
hurts too much to hide, but i don’t think it’s right all the same
what happened to love?
what happened to living for more than all these empty choices
beautiful and reminiscing voices in chorus...
‘cause california’s calling her
and new england is so much colder
and there’s the other side of the world
or there’s just down the street
and around a couple corners
from here

are you my out
‘cause i need a way out of here
shut off my heart valves
till all i’m sinking in is fear that you
are gone, but you were never the one
i finally found out
that you’re not my way out
you’re not my way out of here
(gotta get away from here...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic