Saturday, April 10, 2010

Seasons of Today

I don’t want to be
Just another falling leaf
Just another drift of snow
Just another springtime rain
Just another sunburn’s pain
To itch and peel
Till the breeze makes your shoulders cold

Yet today and for this season
My love, I’m running out of reasons
What is right and what is smart
What is hurt and what is art
What is real and what emotion
How I feel like smashing clocks of late
Till time and memory fade to a more literal violence

Go and grab your coat
The sun comes out with the winds of change
And even in agreement
The blood on my hands knows just who to blame
‘Cause every single time it rains
I still see your tearstained face

So today and for this season
I have no answers and no good reasons
What is nice and what is true
What will help and what will hurt you
Where is hope and why so cold
How I feel like burning these hands
Where your grips sweet scent lingers on

There’s a sunrise only hours away
And your eyes will clear of tears and pain
This empty shell I walk around
Will find its place in a brand new town

But today and for this season
I’ll hold on to these, the “right” reasons
What is love and what is pain
What does it take to bring about the needed change
Who is God and who am I
How I wish this was all just a bad dream
‘Cause you were my dream come true and I already miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic