Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Right Way Wrong

You’re the reason I try and stay away
From bright lights and unnecessary fights
I keep inside and wait up the long nights
You’re the reason I am never okay
Still awake a couple hours past midnight
Holdin’ onto to memories that never really sat right

And who knows maybe all these dark clothes
Are simply a passing phase
And who knows maybe one day
I’ll forget those, those days, I must be crazed

I don’t want to be the one to turn out fine
I don’t want to be the one to leave you afraid to live your life
I don’t want to see you somewhere and only be able say
Is everything all right? and have a nice day

Our perspectives shift like parallel lines
Never intersecting but still running at the same time
Your eyes blinking in my mind so slowly, I see you
In photographs I remember not taking
As our hearts were still making up their minds, their minds

And who knows maybe it’s just one of those
Pretty things you grow to count as naught
And who knows maybe one day
I’ll believe those, I’ll believe lies I’ve bought, they’re all I’ve got

I don’t want to be the one to grow up fast
I don’t want to be the one to sell out to this illusion that all these empty things last
I don’t want to hear you somewhere and not have the spine to say
That your voice made and broke my heart for countless hours of countless days

You were years to me, you were years to me in minutes
You were years to me, you are years to me in seconds and memories
I can’t let go, though I try, I can’t let you go, don’t know why

I don’t want to be the one who let you slip away
I don’t want to be the one who didn’t know what to say
I don’t want to be the one who settled for a cliche
I don’t want to be the one who let you think this was okay

I’m not okay, I’m not okay, I’m not okay, I’m not okay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic