Monday, December 4, 2017

Overture


I’ve been told there are those whom you love and those that you leave
And mostly I fall on the latter half of these 
Okay, let’s admit it I fit quite adequately 
In the category of those you’d do well to forget or flea 
But I can’t be okay as the mistake you might say 
You only made on your way to something better
A moment of bliss that’s maybe missed but won’t matter
A friendship that bloomed but was always doomed to fail
A ship full of dreams shared but now long-since sailed
I don’t want to be just a footnote to your fairytale 

I don’t want to be just another long-lost lesson learned 
A bridge long burned, a fork you turned and never looked back
I’m losing track of the facts in the case of those who stabbed mine when I had theirs 
And I’m starting to be scared that my judgement is highly impared 
Though it’s certainly not all your fault or really all mine either
It’s just that I am most commonly the common denominator and besides, there’s
So many people who seem to find happiness everyday 
It can make one wonder if maybe I just don’t work that way 
Is my acquaintance just one of those steps that you’ll take 
On the path to a promised happily ever after 
So you can laugh it off someday so glad you avoided that disaster 
Whether it’s a matter of fate or if I’m my own life-line’s master
The universe is happy either way to watch me fail 
And end up as just a footnote to your fairytale




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic