Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Wherever I Go (Version 2)

Wherever I go
Gotta take myself along 
With all the baggage that I 
Can carry on 
Wherever I stay 
I can’t stay for long 
I’ll stay up all night 
Waiting for the dawn, then I’m gone 

Whenever I think 
I’ve got this world figured out 
There’s always one more thing 
To hang me upside down 
So whenever I speak 
My fears will shout 
Over every intentioned vowel
And consonant, in a constant howl 

No matter the place or time 
I can’t escape my mind 
Or my past as a shadow 
All I can hear is an echo-o-o
As I grow older I find 
There’s never a good and proper time 
Never enough, never just right, never a clear-cut sign
And a change of scene 
May mean a whole mess of things 

But you can’t ever leave yourself behind 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic