Monday, April 24, 2017

Hate Song

I could spend my whole life on hating them 
I’ve done it before and I can do it again 
Paint with strokes broader than the thought
Of everything they are that I’m not 
Till my vision blurs and my conscience ends
I could spend my whole life on hating them

I could spend my whole life on hating you 
I really think I could if I wanted to 
Assume you know how you came across
Every slight every sight of the light we’ve lost
Till there’s a canyon carved between our views
I could spend my whole life on hating you

I could spend my whole life on hating me 
Is it all that surprising how easy it seems 
Regret is my bread and the aftertaste 
Is the thirst I can’t slake from my past mistakes
Till my self-made wounds bleed red-water seas 
I could spend my whole life on hating me 

Think of all we could accomplish 
If we allowed ourselves the benefit of the doubt 
Thinking back, I am astonished
I didn’t think of this before now 

I could spend my whole life on living 
I could spend some time with you 
I could spend my life on loving myself

And learn to love you too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic