Saturday, December 10, 2016

Jerry w/ the Red Cup

Staring into space
Over the top of the paper
Like an old vet in a cafe 
Waiting for a key word
So he can speak his two cents
For the first time 
To anyone besides the mirror 
Or the steering wheel 
Or the voice mail 
Of a long lost step kid
‘Cause I’m no expert 
But I mask loneliness
And the fear of eternal darkness
And the best of my life 
Might be behind with
With a quick quip I picked up 
From a pundit
Who’s angry for the ratings
But my angry rantings
Won’t bring my friends back
And this generation 
Is to blame
For not remembering
What I can’t forget
While I forget 
Everything
But the hate
That keeps my heart
Beating hard against the walls
Of reason
Remedy

And cholesterol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic