Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Flag on Your Grave

I watch on the news as you ship out to prove
That you’re some kinda man
Give the proper excuse for your brainwashed abuse
You’ve got blood on your hands
A hospital bombed, holy war that we’re on
Gotta follow commands
This dictator we set up, guess now we’re all fed up
But it’s part of the plan

And I guess I just don’t understand

More civilians have died, I pray you’re alive
Hold a fist full of sand
You set out to serve, but death got the last word
And they did all they can
How is my freedom saved by the flag on your grave
Hear the guns and the band
And you did what you did for your wife and your kids
By blowing up homes in a faraway land
Now try to make them understand

They don’t show on the news what the winners all lose
Some coins in a cup and the ghosts in your head
The shirt that you wear doesn’t mean you can’t care
Who will sweep up the dust once the world is all dead

And I hope someday, your mind finds release
You can call me naive but I still hope for peace
We’ll let go of our hate and we’ll reach out our hands
And at least for today, I’ll try to understand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic