Sunday, September 20, 2015

False Positive

Maybe it's a mistake
Every step I take 
Am I a fake 
And would I know anyway
For hope's sake 
I breath, my breath breaks
I face each day
Barely awake
Reciprocate, the gates
Slam shut in my face
Am I insane
Or ashamed
To blame
My own name 
For the stakes that raise
Their own hoorays
And lackadaisically parade
A frame, ill-fitting and arrayed
Like diamonds displayed
To hide the charade of 
Ten million takes
And give life away
For a chance to change my fate
Like brave, though I'm not
So afraid, what I've caught
May define all I've got
I've sought answers to questions I 
Can't even explain
My deranged fame containing 
Empty strains of neural flames
Bulging brains, genius untamed
And still unable to remain
A moment in time obtained
To hold infinity painted plain
Our lips blood-stained
Our love constrained
To stretch, reach, teach, lose
Gain
A cure for pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic