Friday, November 29, 2013

9 and 3

Ain’t it great there ain’t no universal tastes
While we all talk of love like a language
Here I am speechless, my breath so bated
Turns out we have not a single thing in common
And I'm onto your schemes
You've been showing up every single night in my dreams

So you're moving on without me
I always loved the way you'd run
Holding my hand we traveled the whole wide world
But the moment I stopped to catch my breath in the sun
You became of a shadow of yourself

And every now and then I find myself up on the edge of you
Scratching at colors by a genius made a masterpiece
So long as we're searching for imperfect words to counter it
Let's let this feeling be a poison for our enemies

I never wanted to
Betray or hate or chain you
I never meant to
Hurt you at all

I never intended
The way this ended
But good intentions
Have paved my whole way down

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic