Saturday, January 12, 2013

Shrapnel


Who gave you permission
To carve your shape out of me
Your silent dancing shadows upon my cavern walls
In the aching institution
I am only wearing grey
Because you left me alone
And this is who I am

Who gave you the key
To my long lost locked cupboard door
Echoing along the hall are songs that we once knew
Under aging, withered cedars
I will write your name for hours
Because you forgot to call
And this is who I am

Who gave you a veto
Over this puppet soul’s new strings
As I illustrate my point with a blunted hunting knife
Upon the barren, salted shore
I collapsed my last good lung
Because you were my true love
And this is who I am

Who gave you my choir
And bled their corpses dry
Skeleton songs remain for the solemn man
Without a course to set my sail
I will dive till I am crushed
Because you held all my air
And this is who I am


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic