Thursday, July 12, 2012

U?S?A?

Now I wouldn't suspect that those who stand so erect
With their hands over their hearts are very likely to object
But if I then must subject myself to this neglect
Just to be patriotic, I'd rather you just inject
That poison into my veins right now and not later
Before I become too cynical or another old hater
Watch it flow through the I.V. as I wriggle wildly
Boy, it'd be a sight to see, or maybe they'll just fry me
For now they simply ask that I stay silent so politely
And hope that I stay mildly excited by the thriving
Entertainment they've provided on call
And by they I mean we, because we pay for it all
But mostly we just pay for all the guns overseas
What's some blood in the sand for the gas in our SUVs
Peace is cheaper but we'd rather the reaper be on our payroll
Cashing in the check that bounces debt to dig a bigger hole
Hoping no one notices that we've replaced the government
With corporations that we pay to outsource who will govern it
And then inflate the hype about who loves us and who hates us, why?
So we can say it all makes sense why our neighbors' sons all had to die
But back at home their peers are told to study hard for a career
Then graduate to get in line and find that there are no jobs here
So pack it up and pack it in
Then spend and spend and spend again
Till all that's left is cake and circus
Generation: where's my purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic