Saturday, April 14, 2012

Wear a Coat

I've been chatting with my nightmares
And they have too much to say
But on the good days of distraction...

I've been skipping through the graveyard
Making lives for the empty names
How it's better with the lights out...

When I escape, when I make my break
When I take no one, and I get away, away, away

In these ill-fitting shoes
I think they've worn me out
These tired sleeves
Hungry for a better heart to wear

I've been scratching at my corner
With pencil marks for the days
Waiting for, I guess, permission...

To escape, to make my break
When I take no one, and I get away, away, away

In this outdated shirt
I think my style's gone stale
These stinking socks
Each hole crying for less calloused feet

What does it matter what I wear
When I'm too scared to go out there
In a world where it may get cold
Who has time to wear a coat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic