Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Skeletons

Sometimes I stand alone and think, wonder to the night about a not so distant past
Who I can be and who I am, am I in the way of the light or am I the shadow cast
by these
Misrepresentations and misunderstandings
Less than the sum of my parts so broken
Miscommunication and missed expectations
What idle thoughts can lead to shattered hearts when they go unspoken


And leaves turn to falling like I did for you
And winters come swiftly on the land
But is that all that I am?

When your light like the sun
Came and warmed my frozen life
I thought for sure you were the one
But come and gone, now out of sight
With this deep guilt, this escalation
That’s changed me into a monster of my own creation
Just a glimpse from your eyes
Or a word from your lips
Or a song from your heart
And all I am
Is devastation

Sometimes I walk down lonely roads with passing cars where no one knows my name
So I think about who we are now and how much that has (or maybe hasn’t) changed
like the
Resolutions and dreams for tomorrow
Hope is fleeting in such as these captive musings
What solution for your streams of sorrow
The causation in my hands, too sickly to meet demands of the excuses I am using

But spring rises in uncertain times like these
Or so I have been told
Growing weary of the cold

Is this a light like the sun
Come to warm my frozen life
I thought for sure that I was done
How far I’d run from what was right
With this confusion, agitation
That’s found me here at a fork in the road of inspiration
Just a glimpse of some peace
Or a word of some hope
Or a melody of love
And do I find
This emancipation
Without exaggeration
When humiliation turns to humility
And from guilt I am then set free
And my blinded eyes begin to see
The sun
And it’s okay that you were not
The one

1 comment:

  1. This really blessed me:
    "But spring rises in uncertain times like these
    Or so I have been told
    Growing weary of the cold"

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Songwriter, Poet, Heretic